CHCNAV’s Apache 3 is a USV solution that allows for the autonomous sounding of a body of water. With an on board either single or multi-beam echo sounder, you can always complete the hydrographic survey, mapping, channel survey or underwater geological survey you need done. This is made even easier by the fact that, with the detachable triple-hulled design, you can reach areas you would have run aground in a traditional motor boat. This triple-hulled design also means that the boat is stable, even in rough seas.
The whole package can either b manually controlled by an operator, or it can be programmed to be fully autonomous, to improve safety for operators. When paired with an additional GNSS RTK receiver, like the CHCNAV i50 the USV can quickly and accurately determine position in x, y and z. This data is also supplemented by by the presence of a high resolution camera on the top of the USV.
Here are the key features of the boat.
● Single person operation: With a weight of 10 kg (without battery and echo sounder), the APACHE 5 it can be carried by a single person during the entire project from on-site transport, installation, calibration and mission processing.
● Triple-hulled vessel design: The detachable triple-hulled vessel design is perfectly meeting various mission environments. Fitted with its dual floating bodies to keep hull balance while operation in the open lake region. The floating bodies can be removed when surveying in shallow draft lake or channel to avoid run aground.
● Absolute linear technology: APACHE 3 integrates high precision positioning and heading technology to maintain a perfect straight sailing course even in complex current conditions.
● High-resolution video camera: This unique feature provides real-time video feedback of the APACHE 5 up to 2 km when being out of line-of-sight or during fog situation. Live video feed increases mission efficiency and safety in emergency situations (riverfront survey, grounding…).
● Dual-pole protective design: APACHE 3 integrates a dual tough and rigid carbon fiber pole to protect propellers to get rid of twined by aquatic plants and fishing net in riverways and shallow water