Until the introduction of the Hemisphere S321, the S320 was Bench-Mark’s best-selling, most rugged survey grade GNSS antenna. This was the pinnacle of GNSS technology when it was released. This receiver is well made, that to this day we still have numerous customers running the Hemisphere S320. Every used Hemisphere S320 that comes through the doors at Bench-Mark is completely cleaned and refurbished. We ensure that every part on the receiver is working and up to the standards you expect. We subject all of our used S320’s to a 3 km baseline radio test, if the unit is not up to snuff, we do not sell it. You can be assured that here at Bench-Mark that all of our equipment is up to the highest of standards.
The Hemisphere S320 is both cellular and UHF radio capable. The Hemisphere S320 has the flexibility to always get the job done, no matter what application you are looking to work with. The internal 1 Watt 400 Mhz radio is the radio you can easily get 3 km of range out of. This is the radio that has the ability to get the job done on the larger sites that you need to work on. The S320 also has the ability to work as a network rover. In fact, the S320 was the original receiver that our own StormCaster internet RTK was designed around. This is the receiver that you can rely on to act as a base or rover, on any StormCaster setup. Simply use the supplied StormCaster Script File, and start surveying right away.
Athena RTK Engine
The Hemisphere S320 also contains the industry leading Athena RTK engine. This is the same RTK engine found on Hemisphere’s S321+ receiver. Although the S320 does not get access to multi-constellation and multi-frequency capability, the S320 still performs well in high traffic environments other receivers would struggle in. This is the receiver that will surprise you. This means that the S320 has SureTrack Intelligence. With SureTrack; Long-range RTK baselines, reliable RTK in congested environments, removal of concern for the mixing of GNSS data from various manufacturers is all possible. Even if the base is GPS
only, the rover can deliver complete GNSS performance where others may not. The RTK rover uses every satellite that is available, not just the satellites available at the base. This is the receiver that can deliver superior performance in environments the competitors would struggle in.
One of the features that the S320 was renowned for was the hot swappable battery capability and the long lasting battery life. Although the battery life is no longer the original 10 hours, the S320 still boasts an impressive 5 hours of battery life. However, with two built battery slots, the Hemisphere S320 you can hot swap one battery at a time without ever turning off the receiver. There is never any reason to run out of battery with the Hemisphere S320, it is always ready to go when you are. The S320 is also built Surveyor Tough. This is the receiver that has been built for surveyors. Everything about the Hemisphere S320 has been built to survive. With an environmental rating of IP67 and a shock rating of EP455, this is the receiver that will take the abuse you expect it to see in the field. This is the receiver that you can rely on for years to come.
- SMS Communication: Send and receive status messages via SMS
- Internal Radio SS/UHF & GSM Cellular, Optional UHF 400 MHz or 900 MHz internal radio eliminates the need for cables on both base and rover setups
- Dual Bluetooth Ports: Connecting data collectors and CDMA modem devices
- Dual Hot-Swap Batteries Includes two lithium ion batteries, which provides more than 5 hours of battery life
- Raw Date Logging Capable
- SureTrack™ Intelligence: Hemisphere GNSS’ exclusive SureTrack intelligence gives you excellent RTK performance: Long-range RTK baselines; reliable RTK in congested environments; removes concerns of mixing GNSS data from various manufacturers; even if base is GPS only, rover can deliver complete GNSS performance where others may not; RTK rover uses every satellite it’s tracking, even satellites not tracked at the base.